Saturday, July 2, 2011

…the Electric Car

I attended a screening of a feature length documentary in Silver Lake today. What is the Electric Car is good looking film that answers pretty much every question you might have about Electric Vehicles (EVs). This film is brought to you by the same team that made Who Stole the Electric Car, the Romantic Comedy I’m in.

In this photo I’m with Scott DuPont, the producer of both films. We are standing in front of a compact pickup truck that was converted into an Electric Vehicle. In Who Stole the Electric Car I play an environmentally conscious Jack-of-all-trades that extends the range of the ZEV-1 with solar panels. In real life I am an advocate of moving away from petroleum consuming vehicles for all of the same reason mentioned in the documentary.




This picture is a little fuzzy. I guess I must have been shaking I was so excited.
As you can see, where once was a gasoline engine, now a battery pack and electronic doo-dads reside. The electric motor is underneath connected directly to the differential.

I really recommend watching What is the Electric Car. In fact every person thinking about buying a new car should watch this film first. Electric Cars make even more sense now than they did when they were first available 100 years ago.

PS. I know what the doo-dads are. I just didn’t want to get too technical right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home