Friday, July 1, 2011

It is 2011.5 AD

Acting is a journey not a destination. The half-way point in the year just seems like a good place to stop and assess the accomplishments of the prior six months.

Let’s see. I’ll consult trusty Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Sorry, no crystal ball, I broke that long, long ago. I use the spreadsheet to track mileage for tax (YUCK) purposes and since I enter what the trip is for, it’s become a bit of a log.

I auditioned for five casting people/offices I hadn’t seen before. One audition was for a role in the Wonder Woman Pilot. It was on the Warner Bros. lot and it’s always great to be walking around the Warner Bros. lot. I didn’t get cast and coincidentally the show didn’t get picked up either. I don’t know about you, but I see a correlation there.

I auditioned for my first, and second, studio films. The first was at the casting office that does all of Judd Apatow’s films and the other audition was for the for the new Barbra Streisand/ Seth Rogen movie. One audition was for a kid’s show, and another for an independent film.  I got the audition for the indie film two weeks after seeing the casting director in a workshop. The other cool thing about that indie film audition was, I met Max Gail, and we were reading for the same part. I met another well established actor; Doug Jones.

You may say I didn’t book anything, but that’s how this game called acting works. I didn’t have five failures, though. When you think about how many hundreds or thousands of people were submitted for these roles and I was one of a few that got called in; I had five successes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home