Thursday, June 30, 2011

Today is the last day of the first half of the year.

Do you know where your career is? Mine is ebbing right now, but that’s just the nature of business. And don’t forget, being an actor is being a businessperson.

When I was a youngster (I was going to type kid, but those are my initials, so I’ll be a KID all my life) I worked in the family business. Trying to keep the cash flow steady was my Dad’s biggest challenge. As an adult I started my own business and had the same experience. I was either working my butt off or sitting on my thumbs. The trick is trying to stay busy doing something while things are slow that will get you working again. How do you do that, you ask? How do you think you do that, I respond (always wanted to do that). Really, how you keep busy is as individual as you are. If you really don’t have any ideas let me know and I’ll toss some thoughts at you and maybe some of them will stick.

Show business, like life, has its ups and downs…OK, I’ll stop there before I make jokes about elevator operators.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home